Group learning and creative activities are made easy—it’s all in the box!
Choking hazard: kits contain small parts and are not recommended for children under 3.
About the kits
- Projects take 20 to 30 minutes plus introduction time and clean up.
- Each box includes instructions, including “What Was It? recycling information.
- Curriculum Connections (see details in website store for each project) add teaching ideas.
- Kits are packed generously and you will have leftovers. Plan how to handle this before activity.
- We cannot guarantee large quantities of any kit; we will contact you if there is a problem.
- Please check materials to see which are counted per person and which are to be shared. If there are 35 body pieces, for example, make sure that each child gets one.
- Distributing/sharing materials is the time when things can go wrong. Have individual pieces at each place and set up shared materials so every child can reach them.
- Teaching time: talk about WHY you are making the item and review/introduce curriculum used.
- Do some storytelling and set up a challenge. Who can invent? Children love a challenge!
- Hold up the base piece and discuss how it could be used. Turn it different ways and hold up some of the other pieces on/next to it so participants start getting their own ideas.
- Please don't make an example and show it to them--they will just copy and not think.
- You should see unique creations, reflecting individual ideas, on each project. They will share or copy from each other, but try not to have all the ideas come from you. THEY should do the thinking/creating.
- This is as much about their ideas and creative process as it is the final product.
- Be sure and have them explain their ideas afterwards to someone—you, a peer or parents.
- They could do a presentation or write about their creation.